- Always be open source and ethical.
- Always be community and employee owned.
- Always be considerate and never evil.
- Save the world from AI.
- Make the world a safer healthier better place using AI.
- Be a no-for profit charity the enables commercial opportunities and success.
- Be carbon negative.
- Be managed via a network of meetup groups branded as “Make AI Happen”.
- Develop and use a management structure based on an hierarchyof ideas inspired by Buisness methods of the Relgious Society Of Friends (the Quakers) and the management methods of the John Lewis Partneship.
- Have no religious affiliations.
- Help explore and colonise the cosmos with the help of our AI to save humanity from earth’s potential destruction.
- Provide a beneficial AI ecosystem like the world wide web, that is also free at the point of use so that a HEMSEYE.
- Have our AI and AI data access audited by block chain and access restricted and authorised by encryption and the community.
- Our AI will be pacifist. Our AI will aim to do no physical or mental harm.
There is a classic question asked “Which came first: the chicken or the egg?” which according to Wikipedia goes back a very long way:
The dilemma stems from the observation that all chickens hatch from eggs and all chicken eggs are laid by chickens. “Chicken-and-egg” is a metaphoric adjective describing situations where it is not clear which of two events should be considered the cause and which should be considered the effect, or to express a scenario of infinite regress. Plutarch posed the question as a philosophical matter in his essay “The Symposiacs“, written in the 1st century CE.
I believe my current research ideas will create us one of the first true AI “golden eggs”. This research and future AI research needs to be forever open source and community owned and controlled, this is required if we to want one day create a “golden egg” laying AI goose for the good of humanity. Great care must be taken that our golden eggs and one day our golden goose does not become the property of giants, governments or individuals they could then abuse and dominate us all.
PLEASE SEND COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS TO CONTACT US.
James Kitching Software Architect
The HEMSEYE Open Source Project
A mission statement?
Or A 14 point treatise to change the world for the better ?
With no door to nail it on…
Comparing the above mission statement to the statements made by google and OpenAI is quite telling:
On Wikipedia it says:
Following Google’s corporate restructuring under the conglomerate Alphabet Inc. in October 2015, Alphabet took “Do the right thing” as its motto, also forming the opening of its corporate code of conduct. The original motto was retained in Google’s code of conduct, now a subsidiary of Alphabet. In April 2018, the motto was removed from the code of conduct’s preface and retained in its last sentence.”